SpinCAD Designer can now export 8 patches to a Spin Project

Algorithm development and general DSP issues

Moderator: frank

Digital Larry

SpinCAD Designer can now export 8 patches to a Spin Project

Post by Digital Larry »

Yes folks, it's the bleeding edge experimental version 0.98/969 currently, but you can:

- load and quickly switch between 8 patches in the workspace.
- copy and paste full patches or just a group of blocks, within a patch or between 2 patches
- simulate patches on your PC to get a better sense of level balance etc.
- export a bank of 8 patches to a hex file
- export a bank of 8 patches to Spin ASM (8 .spn files) and Spin Project (.spj file)

You can load the Spin Project file into the Spin IDE to send your bank of 8 patches to the Spin Dev board.

With the Hex file you should be able to program your EEPROMs directly using something like the PICKit2. Although to be honest I haven't personally tested that yet.

SpinCAD Designer is still free and will always be open source!

http://holycityaudio.com/forum/ :D
sunfalls

Post by sunfalls »

this is cool news.
but, i'm completely in the dark with spincad designer.

how on earth do i install this on my Mac.
the instructions leave much to be desired. being i'm not a java compiler/programmer.

i have virtual box running windows for the Spinasm app to burn to my Zdsp cards.

and would absolutely love to be able to use the spincad designer to export the fx program files from my zdsp custom cards.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Digital Larry

Post by Digital Larry »

Sorry you're having trouble using it.

I have a topic over at my forum regarding how to get started. I don't like cluttering up the Spin Forum with too much SpinCAD stuff. Here's the topic:

http://holycityaudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... =32&t=1202

You will have to register there, then you can access the program download. No need to do any programming. That's the whole point!

I'll admit the documentation is a little dodgy. But I check in frequently to assist anyone struggling.
muccaudio

can't run

Post by muccaudio »

I fail when running Java, please ask whether you could help
Digital Larry

Post by Digital Larry »

Please register over at:

http://holycityaudio.com/forum

and I will help you over there. SpinCAD Designer is not supported by Spin.
dientutrongtoi

Re: SpinCAD Designer can now export 8 patches to a Spin Project

Post by dientutrongtoi »

Can you share link download SpinCAD Designer for window?
ice-nine

Post by ice-nine »

dientutrongtoi wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:25 pm Can you share link download SpinCAD Designer for window?
The link is in the post above your post, register and download. :wink:
www.stanleyfx.co.uk
"It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it press start, you can work out the rest of the controls yourself."
leetut

Post by leetut »

I never receive a confirmation email to get into that forum, where else can I download spincad?
ice-nine

Post by ice-nine »

leetut wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:45 am I never receive a confirmation email to get into that forum, where else can I download spincad?
I think the confirmation is done manually so may take a day or two for Digital Larry to send the confirmation. be patient and if no reply after a day or two then I would sugeest giving digital larry here a PM. I'm sure he will sort it out for you.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk
"It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it press start, you can work out the rest of the controls yourself."
mportnoy

Post by mportnoy »

leetut wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:45 am I never receive a confirmation email to get into that forum, where else can I download spincad?
+1. I've been waiting for over a week for the confirmation email. I downloaded the build from GitHub, but unfortunately the instructions don't match what I'm seeing during the install. My Java programming skills are limited at best, and I understand that maintaining documentation for the software is a TON of work. I figure it's easier if I can access the Holy City forum and post questions there rather than bug everyone here.
leetut

Post by leetut »

I think it’s dead, I tried sending an email to the guy that deals with conformation and got this:
Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to joe@joefriday-lg.com because the domain joefriday-lg.com couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.
mportnoy

Post by mportnoy »

leetut wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:05 pm I think it’s dead, I tried sending an email to the guy that deals with conformation and got this:
Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to joe@joefriday-lg.com because the domain joefriday-lg.com couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.
Same here.
Digital Larry

Post by Digital Larry »

I'm not dead yet!

:D

If you haven't received a confirmation then you didn't read the instructions. Or if you did, I missed your message. But I look fairly regularly.