Some samples of built in programs not working?

Software questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

hkoenig

Some samples of built in programs not working?

Post by hkoenig »

Hi,

when I rebuild the FV1 ROM programs from the provided sources, some of the pots have no effect when running from the external EEPROM of the dev board while they work from internal ROM.

Examples: On Programs 0 und 1 (Chorus / Reverb and Flanger / Reverb) Pot 1 (rate) has no effect if run from external EEPROM but works if run from internal ROM. Same with POT0 in Pitch Echo (effect 4).

BTW this is not a problem of the board, we first noticed the problem on our own board featuring 2 FV1 and DAC's replacing the pots.

Any information appreciated.

Thanks

Herbert König

AER
frank

Post by frank »

I tried the pitch/echo program (rom_pt_echo.spn) and it worked properly, POT0 controlled pitch in left, POTs 1 and0 controlling echo parameters in right. Any additional info? Can you monitor the values on the POT pins?
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
hkoenig

Post by hkoenig »

[quote="frank"]I tried the pitch/echo program (rom_pt_echo.spn) and it worked properly, POT0 controlled pitch in left, POTs 1 and0 controlling echo parameters in right. Any additional info? Can you monitor the values on the POT pins?[/quote]

Hi,

sorry, my bad, you tried the example which I only added after reading my older notes. Pitch echo actually works.

Please try again with Chorus and Flanger. And yes, my first test was to see if pins 20 to 22 reflect the voltages of the potentiometers.

But as I said, I first noticed that on our own board with two fv1 and then tested by just switching the INT / EXT switch on the fv1 devboard which had an EEPROM programmed with the example files. So I ruled out the hardware.

I don't see how to append data to this forum, otherwise I would append my hex file and the project file.

Thanks,

Herbert König
frank

Post by frank »

Hmmm, a quick test looks like you may be correct on this. Keith may have posted an old version of the programs by accident. I'll try to get hold of him and see if he has more info, it may take a few days as he is out of the country at this time.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
hkoenig

Post by hkoenig »

[quote="frank"]Hmmm, a quick test looks like you may be correct on this. Keith may have posted an old version of the programs by accident. I'll try to get hold of him and see if he has more info, it may take a few days as he is out of the country at this time.[/quote]

Any news?

Tanks,

Herbert
frank

Post by frank »

It is looking like we used an old internal version of the assembler to create the ROM programs so the original source code does not compile under the released assemblers. It appears we tried to convert the programs over but we must have made an error so looking to find the final ROM versions and try again.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
frank

Post by frank »

OK, new chorus/reverb, flange/reverb and temolo/reverb posted. Changed to work with new assembler (and I did test them to make sure they compile). So please try and let me know if there are any others that have a problem.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
hkoenig

Post by hkoenig »

[quote="frank"]So please try and let me know if there are any others that have a problem.[/quote]

Hello,

thanks a lot, chorus/reverb and tremolo/reverb are working now while flanger/reverb compiles but shows no reaction on the rate poti (pot1).

Sorry for not reacting earlier.

Herbert
frank

Post by frank »

I just d/l and compiled flanger/chorus and it ran fine. Please make sure you didn't accidentally load an old version of it. I set POT0 to 50%, POT2 to 100% (all flanger, no chorus) and cold hear the rate change as I adjusted POT1
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
hkoenig

Post by hkoenig »

[quote="frank"] I set POT0 to 50%, POT2 to 100% (all flanger, no chorus) [/quote]

Frank maybe we talk of different programs here? I use rom_fla_rev.spn.

The pots from 0 to 2 are labeled: reverb mix, flange rate flange mix according to my fv1 data sheet. And I set reverb mix to 0%, flange mix to 100% and vary flange rate. But I also tried reverb mix 100%.

And after checking: the download is identical to the file I downloaded long ago. rom_chor_ref gives me a changed download.

BTW actually I search for a chorus which comes close to the one of the Wavefront AL3201.

-Herbert
frank

Post by frank »

OK, I d/l rom_fla_rev.spn from the free DSP area, compiled it and it is running correctly. This time I set POT0 to 0% (full CCW) and POT2 to 100% (full CW) and can hear the flange rate change as I adjust POT1. I flipped to internal mode and compared it against the internal program and it sounded identical.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize