reverbs from rack gear?

Algorithm development and general DSP issues

Moderator: frank

soundsubs

reverbs from rack gear?

Post by soundsubs »

hey gang--- i just got an alesis q20. i love it and think it has some amazing reverbs, plates, and halls. i especially love that you can chain them for even thicker 'verbs.

just wondering if code still exists from a box like this? could we port it to the fv-1? has anyone tried this with other alesis boxes since its similar hardware? i know the midiverbs were pretty good for their day too, wouldnt mind comparing them.
just checking.
frank

Post by frank »

Well, we really can't address something like that on this forum. Alesis still exists so the current owners would own the code for the Q20, unless they release it we cannot discuss it here. Sorry to be a downer but since I designed the DSP in the Q20 and the DSP core of the FV-1 I have to be careful and respect the intellectual property rights of each company.

What I can say is read the knowledge base and examine the reverb code in the free dsp programs area. There are a number of different reverbs in there and you should be able to find a similar one to what you are seeking, you can then play with the coefficients and taps to tune it to what you want.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize