Beta testers needed for SpinCAD Designer

Algorithm development and general DSP issues

Moderator: frank

Digital Larry

Beta testers needed for SpinCAD Designer

Post by Digital Larry »

I'm looking for about 6 people to take part in the first beta test of this software. It will probably be three or 4 weeks until it is ready for beta. Right now I am working on file I/O routines to allow each individual block's data to be stored. For some reason I find file I/O to be the absolutely most difficult thing so far! Probably because I'm trying to use JSON instead of XML? I'll figure it out.

Prerequisites for this assignment:
1) You should have a Spin Development board to assemble the code and transfer it to an FV-1 chip for auditioning.

Edit: the SpinCAD Designer offers a built-in simulator, so strictly speaking it's not necessary to have any FV-1 hardware at all. I have the FV-1 dev board so that's the easiest thing to compare results on. Since SpinCAD Designer puts out Spin ASM, you should be able to take this into the Spin Assembler for transfer to whatever hardware you are currently using.

2) You should have a Windows machine that you can load the Java runtime environment (JRE) on.

Edit: I have feedback from one of my beta testers that SpinCAD works OK on Windows XP working on a virtual machine (not sure what the real hardware is) and also Linux.

Preferred but not required:
1) Software development or SQA experience.

2) If you have Java coding experience that would be great. I can make a template for turning SpinASM patches into controllable SpinCAD blocks. Ultimately my goal would be to allow people to develop and share (if they like) these plugin blocks without requiring them to be included in the program outright.

======================
If you're interested, please send me a private message through this forum.

Thanks!

Digital Larry
Last edited by Digital Larry on Wed May 08, 2013 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
schrab

Post by schrab »

Great! Can it generate .hex files to use it without devboard?
Digital Larry

Post by Digital Larry »

Although it doesn't at the moment, I'm pretty sure I can make it do so. If you look at the sample ElmGen DSP code I supplied, the first column is an ASCII representation of the hex program.

Thanks for your interest. I'm making good progress. Targeting May 6th for beta release.
Digital Larry

Post by Digital Larry »

Let me ask you this: what target are you using the Spin Assembler with today? Since my goal is for this version of the program to generate Spin Assembler code, it shouldn't matter what you are using for the hardware target.

So perhaps the FV-1 development board is not a strict requirement.
schrab

Post by schrab »

I'm using couple clones of Robert Wolgajev's devices. One is RS-232 programmed, another using PICkit programmer.
UPD: Oh, i'm dumb =)
I don't need hex if it generates SpinASM code =)
Digital Larry

Post by Digital Larry »

Anyone else want to volunteer to beta test this sucker? I could use a couple more.
Alex MAK

Post by Alex MAK »

Hi Digital Larry! It is with great pleasure ready to try testing your program! I have an interest in it!
LeftyStrat

Post by LeftyStrat »

I'd certainly love to beta test if there are any openings. I just joined the forum, I'm a programmer by day and an amp and fx builder by night (analog until this point).
ronaldb

Post by ronaldb »

I would also like to test this software.
I have the FV-1 development board and some program experiance.

RonaldB
direct

Post by direct »

I am very interested in test this software
B.C.

Post by B.C. »

I too would like to be a Beta tester!