Read 24lc32a

Hardware questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

jovesdies

Read 24lc32a

Post by jovesdies »

Here's another questions of mine ... How can I read the content of a 24lc32a using the develop board ? Not the cable connection (I've read the other topic .... Thanks Frank) but the program inside (a friend of mine wants an effect like the one I have but I've lost the programs !! :(( )
Regards
frank

Post by frank »

Hmmm, not possible using the currrent s/w. The dev s/w only does a read after writing to verify the write but it doesn't read and store the eeprom contents. If you can get your hands on a programmer like a Xeltek they can usually copy an eeprom.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
Sweetalk

Post by Sweetalk »

Can you go back from an .hex file (from an eeprom) to a spn file o an spj file?. I lost a code and I have it only on a programmed eeprom. Sadly I didn't finish it so I can't use it from there.
frank

Post by frank »

In theory you can disassemble the program. Using the SpinAsm manual you could write a program to read the hex file and determine the instruction and coefficient and address.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
danielgiani

Post by danielgiani »

frank wrote:In theory you can disassemble the program. Using the SpinAsm manual you could write a program to read the hex file and determine the instruction and coefficient and address.
hey guys, can we have more information about this process? Have you guys ever done this before?
Hey Ho, Let's Go!
frank

Post by frank »

danielgiani wrote:
frank wrote:In theory you can disassemble the program. Using the SpinAsm manual you could write a program to read the hex file and determine the instruction and coefficient and address.
hey guys, can we have more information about this process? Have you guys ever done this before?
I do not encourage this, if someone has shared their code then you should be able to find the source. If you are attempting to disassemble code from a closed source or commercial project then you may be violating their copyright of the code.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
danielgiani

Post by danielgiani »

frank wrote:
danielgiani wrote:
I do not encourage this, if someone has shared their code then you should be able to find the source. If you are attempting to disassemble code from a closed source or commercial project then you may be violating their copyright of the code.
Its not the case Frank. I've made a code, assembled it to HEX and lost the orignal asm file....Im just trying to get it back...
Hey Ho, Let's Go!