Cascade Left and Right Channels

Hardware questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

bdoan

Cascade Left and Right Channels

Post by bdoan »

Is it necessary to include the low pass filter components when feeding left channel output to the right channel input of the FV-1?
frank

Post by frank »

Yes as it is sigma-delta converters in the FV-1. Are you cascading 2 chips? If not then try to do it internally with a register.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
Sweetalk

Post by Sweetalk »

I'm doing this in a design for feedback (not enough pots to do it digitaly) using the same LPF as in the input.
ice-nine

Post by ice-nine »

Sweetalk wrote:I'm doing this in a design for feedback (not enough pots to do it digitaly) using the same LPF as in the input.
Yeah I have also done the same before, by using the left output to feed the right input for a feedback control, I did use an op amp buffer but also kept the same output input filtering.
Sweetalk

Post by Sweetalk »

ice-nine wrote:
Sweetalk wrote:I'm doing this in a design for feedback (not enough pots to do it digitaly) using the same LPF as in the input.
Yeah I have also done the same before, by using the left output to feed the right input for a feedback control, I did use an op amp buffer but also kept the same output input filtering.
I use a buffer from the left output, then the feedback control to the right input. With the input level I limit the feedback to prevent oscillation on the effect. I'm going to modify it to use the right channel for feedback and the left channel for the "main output" to gain more control on the feedback loop, effects, etc.