Program change without glitches in audio

Hardware questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

accumulator

Program change without glitches in audio

Post by accumulator »

Hi, is there any way to not have the FV1 have glitches in audio when changing from program to program?

I'd like to have a smooth transition from one program to the next but currently I get clicks and pops since, I think, the FV1 loads the new program or flushes the memory to get new audio data.

Thanks for the help!
frank

Post by frank »

Yes, the FV-1 mutes the outputs, clears memory, loads the new program then unmutes the outputs. As such it will click if there is audio going through it while changing programs.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
accumulator

parallel processing

Post by accumulator »

I'm thinking of having 2 FV1s in parallel processing the same audio data but they would alternate (toggling in such a way that one mutes while the other one loads and vice versa) in other to eliminate the bank change audio clicks. What do you think ?
frank

Post by frank »

That is a possible solution but I think that it would take a lot of work to do as you will want to ramp the device to be muted down as you ramp up the volume on the other device so you might use a micro controlling a DAC to one of the POT input to act as a volume control so you could be adding quite a few components.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize