Pin outs

Hardware questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

FUCHSAUDIO

Pin outs

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

Has anyone drawn up a simple list for configuring pins 16 through 22 for the various functions ? For example whether a pin (or combination of pins) is grounded or lifted to access a given effect or effects etc. I'm working on a few potential designs, and considering a single, multipurpose board for more than one product...maybe dip switches or 0-ohm jumpers etc to set the board to the required "personality" ?
Improving guitar tone, one player at a time....
frank

Post by frank »

Pins 16, 17 and 18 are the program select pins, which program they select is defined in table 1 on page 4 of the FV-1 datasheet.

Pins 20, 21 and 22 are the pot inputs and their function for each program is listed in the same table.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
FUCHSAUDIO

Maybe I'm dense...

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

I guess I'm "an analogue boy in a digital age" :wink:

What I meant is (for example) if pin 1 and 2 is ground and pin-3 is at voltage, you get "X" effect(s), and so forth. I understand the the dip switches or jumpers toggle the pins up or down to achieve a given preset, but is there a list or formula for each pin and/or combination of pins ?
Improving guitar tone, one player at a time....
frank

Post by frank »

OK, gotta translate the "digital-speak" to "analog-speak" 8)

Table 1 is actually telling you what you are asking for, translate the program number to binary with S0 as the LSB and S2 as the MSB. For example:

Program 0 is "chorus-reverb", 0 in binary is 000 so all 3 pins are at ground.

Program 4 is "pitch-echo", 4 in binary is 100 so S2 is high (3.3v) and S1 and S0 are both at ground.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize