Very basic questions on chip function

Hardware questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

dkleinjans

Very basic questions on chip function

Post by dkleinjans »

I've tried to find the answers, but am not certain.

1. Does the FV-1 run one program loop per oscillator cycle, regardless whether the program is 2 lines or 128 lines long? I believe that's true, and the unused lines are filled with no-ops.

2. Does the FV-1 sample and hold the inputs? For example, if you read adcl (or a pot) at two different times/places in your program, will it give the same result each time, or might it change in the interim? I would think it would be sample and hold.

Thanks for any clarification.
frank

Re: Very basic questions on chip function

Post by frank »

dkleinjans wrote: 1. Does the FV-1 run one program loop per oscillator cycle, regardless whether the program is 2 lines or 128 lines long? I believe that's true, and the unused lines are filled with no-ops.

2. Does the FV-1 sample and hold the inputs? For example, if you read adcl (or a pot) at two different times/places in your program, will it give the same result each time, or might it change in the interim? I would think it would be sample and hold.
You are correct on both items.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
dkleinjans

Re: Very basic questions on chip function

Post by dkleinjans »

frank wrote:
dkleinjans wrote: 1. Does the FV-1 run one program loop per oscillator cycle, regardless whether the program is 2 lines or 128 lines long? I believe that's true, and the unused lines are filled with no-ops.

You are correct on both items.
Thanks, Frank.