Lock on files, not visible to Windows

Software questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

dkleinjans

Lock on files, not visible to Windows

Post by dkleinjans »

I just started using the FV-1. I can make .spn files and assemble, them, and I can make .spj files. They appear as choices to open or save with the SpinAsm IDE, but they have a padlock symbol on them, and they don't show up in the Windows directory. The hex files don't show up either. Other downloaded sample .spn files are visible. It's probably something very basic, but I can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.
Dave
frank

Post by frank »

Padlock symbol means the files are not being shared, that is a Windows permissions thing and you would have to dig into Windows setting to change that.

You should be able to see the files so are you looking in the right place? Where is setup putting them? Make sure it is in your directory or one you have permission in.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
dkleinjans

Post by dkleinjans »

Thanks, Frank. In the end, it turned out to be a simple solution: I just needed to run spinasm.exe as an administrator. For anyone in the future with the same question, right-click on spinasm.exe, click on the Compatibility tab, and check the box for Run this program as an administrator. BTW I'm on Windows 7.
MacroMachines

Post by MacroMachines »

nice, I had the same issue and my hack was to compress the folder to a zip on the desktop, and open it from my mac. hahaha
http://MacroMachines.net
Digital Control for your Analog Soul.