VC- LPF codes

Algorithm development and general DSP issues

Moderator: frank

Ulicc12

VC- LPF codes

Post by Ulicc12 »

Hey there, do any of you have a program of a LPF with resonance control for the FV-1?
I'm looking for three separate programs
One for a resonance 4pole LPF
One resonant 3pole LPF
One for a 2pole LPF

I don't how to implement them my self, I'm looking for some one who has a ready to go codes.
MacroMachines

Post by MacroMachines »

those are pretty easy to implement and Im fairly sure you can make one using spinCAD, which is worth checking out and pretty easy to make some nice filters for FV-1

What is your need for them? it this as part of a hardware device DIY thing or are you working on some sort of pedal or product etc? just curious.
http://MacroMachines.net
Digital Control for your Analog Soul.
Ulicc12

Post by Ulicc12 »

MacroMachines wrote:those are pretty easy to implement and Im fairly sure you can make one using spinCAD, which is worth checking out and pretty easy to make some nice filters for FV-1

What is your need for them? it this as part of a hardware device DIY thing or are you working on some sort of pedal or product etc? just curious.
Hey there!
I want to implant them in an 8voices (x3 osc each) semi analog synthesizer I'm working on, and wanna implamant 1Fv-1 for each 2 voices (total of 4 fv-1's)

I just don't know how to write the code for it, I found one for 4poles but not for 3/2...
MacroMachines

Post by MacroMachines »

Ulicc12 wrote: Hey there!
I want to implant them in an 8voices (x3 osc each) semi analog synthesizer I'm working on, and wanna implamant 1Fv-1 for each 2 voices (total of 4 fv-1's)

I just don't know how to write the code for it, I found one for 4poles but not for 3/2...
Cool, I love analog synths. I run a modular synth company MacroMachine.net

If you post your 4 pole filter I can likely show you where the poles are, its likely that they are duplicates of the same code bit for each pole in sequence and can just comment out each pole. You could also get adventurous and crossfade between 2-3-4 poles with one of the pots, or at the very least use a pot for switching them.

Funny enough I am actually working on a design with multiple FV-1s and an arm cortex m4 microcontroller by freescale.

Im curious why you want to implement the filters in digital? Analog filters are fantastic sounding, the FV-1 is also fantastic sounding but I was just curious.
Ulicc12

Post by Ulicc12 »

MacroMachines wrote:
Ulicc12 wrote: Hey there!

Cool, I love analog synths. I run a modular synth company MacroMachine.net

If you post your 4 pole filter I can likely show you where the poles are, its likely that they are duplicates of the same code bit for each pole in sequence and can just comment out each pole. You could also get adventurous and crossfade between 2-3-4 poles with one of the pots, or at the very least use a pot for switching them.

Funny enough I am actually working on a design with multiple FV-1s and an arm cortex m4 microcontroller by freescale.

Im curious why you want to implement the filters in digital? Analog filters are fantastic sounding, the FV-1 is also fantastic sounding but I was just curious.
I'll post it later today, and I want to use those because of the minimal size, I don't want it to be an enormously large synth, just a small keyboard synthesizer, but, I ran into the TI MF-10N chip which seems pretty good (except it does not have a 3pole output but Hugh, still good), do you anything about it?
And I'm gonna visit your site right now
MacroMachines

Post by MacroMachines »

Cool filter chip, I'll order one next time I put in for components.
I've heard switch capacitor filters can sound a bit different from the common op amp, diode or transistor ladder based filter. It would be worth checking out if you like the sound.

If I were doing this I would make each pole fade in from a section of a pot. Would be pretty cool to have smooth variable poles.

I'll check out your code when you post it and see if I can help
Ulicc12

Post by Ulicc12 »

MacroMachines wrote:Cool filter chip, I'll order one next time I put in for components.
I've heard switch capacitor filters can sound a bit different from the common op amp, diode or transistor ladder based filter. It would be worth checking out if you like the sound.

If I were doing this I would make each pole fade in from a section of a pot. Would be pretty cool to have smooth variable poles.

I'll check out your code when you post it and see if I can help
RDAX ADCL, 1.0
RDAX TEMP, -1.0
MULX COEFF ,
RDAX TEMP, -1.0
WRAX TEMP, 1.0