Controlling an LED from the FV1

Hardware questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

smear

Controlling an LED from the FV1

Post by smear »

I'd like to have an LED turn on and off depending on whether certain conditions are met within my programs.

My first idea is to use the clip LED. If my program is mono (let's say left), I can drive the right output very hard whenever the desired conditions are met, thus causing the clip LED to light. The problem is that the LED will also light up if any actual clipping occurs with the signal itself...

Has anyone tried feeding one of the FV1's LFO's to an external transistor? Seems like I could set the LFO for a very high speed to turn on the LED, and simply mute it when I want to LED to turn off. If that's possible, I could also use it to show the speed of a modulation effect.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!
Digital Larry

Post by Digital Larry »

While I haven't done it I don't see why it wouldn't work. Main thing to keep in mind is that "0" in software would be VDD/2. So whatever range you wanted to represent would need to be scaled appropriately.
ice-nine

Post by ice-nine »

In Slackers tap tempo program the right output is used to control an LED for the tempo rate, have a look at that.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk
"It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it press start, you can work out the rest of the controls yourself."