Spin Semiconductor Forum Index Spin Semiconductor
Support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using a microcontroller to clock the FV-1?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spin Semiconductor Forum Index -> FV-1 hardware questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seancostello

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Using a microcontroller to clock the FV-1? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Has anyone used a microcontroller to send a clock signal to the FV-1? Is this doable with something like an ATMega328?

Thanks,

Sean Costello
frank

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the clock signal is 0 to 3.3V it should work fine. Run it into the X1 pin to clock the FV-1. If it will be a variable clock make sure that any change in frequency is smooth and not abrupt.
MacroMachines

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Using a microcontroller to clock the FV-1? Reply with quote

seancostello wrote:
Hi all,

Has anyone used a microcontroller to send a clock signal to the FV-1? Is this doable with something like an ATMega328?

Thanks,

Sean Costello

A collaborator and I have been exploring this for using the FV-1 as an oscillator / physical model. It appears to work quite well.

Also, big fan ;D your Z-DSP card is my #1 favorite in terms of quality. If you feel like checking it out I have a ZDSP card (or several) in progress.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNf9BNIAS4j/

also assumably have a Z-DSP, you can run an arduino with the tone function or some form of interrupt and wire a jack up to use as the clock input to the ZDSP
seancostello

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Using a microcontroller to clock the FV-1? Reply with quote

MacroMachines wrote:
If you feel like checking it out I have a ZDSP card (or several) in progress.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNf9BNIAS4j/

Not sure why it took me 6 months to see this, but it sounds INCREDIBLE! That is some amazing time stretching/scrubbing going on there. Very Gantz Graf.

Quote:

also assumably have a Z-DSP, you can run an arduino with the tone function or some form of interrupt and wire a jack up to use as the clock input to the ZDSP

I have 2 Z-DSPs, but no Arduino. I need to pick one up and try this out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spin Semiconductor Forum Index -> FV-1 hardware questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: