Reading eeprom error

Software questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

Lelouch

Reading eeprom error

Post by Lelouch »

This morning i tried to download a new file on my spinboard and i had this error.

Starting Build
EEPROM Read Module
Checking for EEPROM
PerformEEPromRead Check for EEProm failed
Reading EEPROM
EEPROM Read Failure 01 in USBDevil
Build Failed: EEPROM READ FAILED

Software indicates that spin is offline but I plugged in the USB port. I tested on all USB ports of my computer and on an other computer but the result was the same. I got the same error on the 2 computers.

I don't know what i have to do. Someone could help me please.
Last edited by Lelouch on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
frank

Post by frank »

Did the board work in the past or is this the first time using it?

Do any of the LEDs light up?

Did you make any changes to the 2 computers?

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

Have you tried a different USB cable? I had one go bad the other week and the dev board wouldn't work, changed cable and all was fine.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
Lelouch

Post by Lelouch »

I worked with it before. And it worked very well. When i plug the board the 3 LEDs light up.
I didn't change anything on the computers, I tested many different USB cable and I tried to reinstal the drivers. But that didn't work. I will try to remove and reinstal everything
frank

Post by frank »

I never heard anymore from Lelouch and I've never seen it happen so not sure what it may be.

I assume that it did work in the past, try plugging it in first then starting SpinAsm and see if it is recognized by the computer and SpinAsm. Also try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. Did you add any new device to the computer between the time it last worked and now?
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
lesp

Post by lesp »

Witch USB port you plugged your device? Front or rear? Sometimes USB devices such as external HDD drives, MP3 players etc. do not work properly if it's plugged in front USB port. Also unplugg any other USB device.
FlexoWasTaken

Re: Reading eeprom error

Post by FlexoWasTaken »

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue where, on write, I get an EEPROM Read error. I'm using a brand new devkit and am running Windows 10 on an Apple MacBook Pro (I use this machine for lots of other industrial hardware and usually don't have an issue). Building the project works fine. The error in SpinAsm IDE is as follows.

Code: Select all

Starting Build
EEPROM Read Module
SPIN Dev USB Board  unplugged or failed
Build Failed: EEPROM READ FAILED
Interestingly, and possibly helpful here, I was able to write to the device a few times right before this happened (using both the Build project and Assemble program commands). The first time I got the error, I resolved the issue switching USB ports; this didn't help the second time. When looking in the Windows Device Manager, I see the device listed as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" with the following error. I'm not sure what the device name was prior to this. Uninstalling the device and updating the drivers doesn't seem to fix the issue.

Code: Select all

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
A request for the USB device descriptor failed.
Anyway, is this a known issue and are there any fixes for it? Any suggestions would be helpful.
frank

Post by frank »

Unfortunately running on a Mac causes random issues, may work fine, may fail every other day, etc. The Macs emulate much of a PC since the h/w is not identical so low level items like drivers can have random issues. Try rebooting the computer and see if that works or unplug unnecessary usb devices as it may be a conflict between devices due to emulation.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
FlexoWasTaken

Post by FlexoWasTaken »

Classic... Ok thanks for the super fast response, Frank. I have a dedicated Windows machine at work that I'll try and I'll let you know if I still have issues. I really appreciate the help!