EQD Aferneath

Algorithm development and general DSP issues

Moderator: frank

caspercody

EQD Aferneath

Post by caspercody »

Hello,

I am looking for a SPN file similar to the sound produced by this pedal?

Here is a description from another forum member on their take of the pedal:

The Drag control on the Afterneath is definitely a clock adjustment. The program seems to be a series of multitap delay lines that melts into reverb when the clock for the FV-1 is changed. My guess is the Diffuse, Reflect and Length are the three FV-1 controls and the Dampen is an analog tone control as well as an analog Mix. Although the Reflect could easily be an analog feedback path and thats why it oscillates at higher mixes. Then maybe the dampen is one of the FV-1 controls.

Thanks
Rob
DrAlx

Re: EQD Aferneath

Post by DrAlx »

Looking at online images of the gutshots of that pedal you can tell that the top three controls map to the FV-1 pots. The other control pots are external to the FV-1.
If they are externally modifying the clock rate to produce the "drag" effect then they are not using a crystal to clock the FV-1. You would need to know what external clock circuit they have and how they modify the clock.
In short, you wouldn't be able to duplicate what the pedal does just by using a coded EEPROM.
micahvdm

Post by micahvdm »

Check out pedalpcb, the have a clock module for fv1
caspercody

Post by caspercody »

Funny, I did buy one from them, and yesterday connected the board to the module 8 FV-1 board I also got from pedal PCB.

Now I have a switch to switch between the clock board, and crystal. I also added a switch to switch between the (8) internal programs on the FV-1 chip, and (8) external programs on the EEPROM chip.

I also found how to burn the EEPROM chip using my Aduino Uno board.

I have no idea on how to write the programs.

Thanks
Rob
smear

Post by smear »

any luck with this? i wonder how close you can get just by adjusting the clock rate of one of the stock reverbs.

also, worth noting that both eqd and pedalpcb are using the simple clock oscillator circuit from the knowledge base: http://www.spinsemi.com/knowledge_base/xtal.html