Effects only working when clipping.

Hardware questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

Jaslau

Effects only working when clipping.

Post by Jaslau »

Hello,
I am just working on my first project with the FV-1. I used the schematic from the datasheet, except that I didnt use any switches and the switch pins are configured to use programm 0 on the eeprom.
When I now send a signal in, it goes right through without any effects being applied or the pots having and function. Except that its pretty lowpass filtered (which it shouldnt be). As soon as the signal is clipping the programmed effects are working and the potentiometers are working too. This of course sounds terrible. Same is happening when using a programm which send the signal straight through without any effects applied (lowpass filtered when not clipping, going through distorted when clipping).
I used the SpinCAD-Designer for programming.
Anybody any ideas? I really would appreciate some help!
Thanks,
Jasper
Jaslau

Re: Effects only working when clipping.

Post by Jaslau »

Ok, nevermind. Pin 2 & 3 were tied together under the chip. Now its working :wink:
Digital Larry

Post by Digital Larry »

I almost always have to post to a public forum before finding things like that. :wink:
Sweetalk

Post by Sweetalk »

Digital Larry wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:40 pm I almost always have to post to a public forum before finding things like that. :wink:
It's a must!!. Must be the 5 min your mind needs to reset and clearly see the issue :mrgreen:
ice-nine

Post by ice-nine »

Sweetalk wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:22 am
Digital Larry wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:40 pm I almost always have to post to a public forum before finding things like that. :wink:
It's a must!!. Must be the 5 min your mind needs to reset and clearly see the issue :mrgreen:
Yeah I've been there as well. :wink:
www.stanleyfx.co.uk
"It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it press start, you can work out the rest of the controls yourself."