DDS frequency formula and sin generating

Algorithm development and general DSP issues

Moderator: frank

frank

Re: DDS frequency formula and sin generating

Post by frank »

Just set COS and SIN to the proper starting points. As long as COS leads SIN by 90 degrees it should work. So any of the following should work (values in degrees not actual SIN and COS values):

S=0, C=90
S=0, C=-90
S=C=45
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
gary00k

Post by gary00k »

Thanks Frank, your help is invaluable :D

Let me ask you one more question, unrelated to the topic. Is there any way to prevent the eeprom contents from being decompiled?
You know, I'm afraid now I can buy any FV-1 based product, make the memory dump and decompile bin with shift-line's docompiler. Is there any way to "crypt" it?
frank

Post by frank »

gary00k wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:10 am Let me ask you one more question, unrelated to the topic. Is there any way to prevent the eeprom contents from being decompiled?
You know, I'm afraid now I can buy any FV-1 based product, make the memory dump and decompile bin with shift-line's docompiler. Is there any way to "crypt" it?
Nope, not possible. This is actually why there is EEPROM inside FXCore and even we cannot read it out. You verify writing by sending a checksum and FXCore compares it to what is calculated as you sent the code over. If they match it writes it, if not you get an error and you have to retry.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
gary00k

Post by gary00k »

Okay, I see.
Is fx core programming language similar to fv-1? I mean, can FV-1 programs be easy ported to fx core?
frank

Post by frank »

Similar but not the same. You will have to review the languages to see how difficult it will be for your programs.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize