Spincad questions

Software questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

Buzzaw

Spincad questions

Post by Buzzaw »

OK so I am new to the fv1 pedal design awesomeness using Spincad and for the most part I've figured out how to build a patch and I was able to make 8 for a full bank but I need some help with the next steps. I just need to know what the next steps are. The end game being able to flash them on to a 24lc32a eeprom using ASprogrammer and a ch341a. Thing is that I have made the patches and saved the bank as a hex file then converted that hex file to a bin file and flashed them onto the eeprom but when install the eeprom onto the fv1 8 patch multieffect pedal I get none of the effects. So clearly I'm missing some steps, or maybe I'm not making the patches right? Someone please help I just wanna set of 8 lofi ambient glitchy effects on a pedal is that so much to ask for🥺
frank

Re: Spincad questions

Post by frank »

You will get better answers at the sites for those tools, we can only support the Spin dev board here.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
Digital Larry

Post by Digital Larry »

I shut down my web site/forum and invited people to ask about SpinCAD over at the "diystompboxes" forum, but since I'm here...

I used SpinCAD generated hex files with a PICKit 2 clone and the "pk2cmd" Linux command line tools without issue. I haven't used the thing you mentioned but it's not clear why you would convert a HEX file to a BIN file. At any rate, I never did that, I just used the HEX file.

Another thing you could try would be to export your bank as a Spin Project which can then be loaded into the Spin IDE. In order for this to work properly, you'll need to go through each patch in the bank and "save patch" so that each one has a name. Then export everything. You should wind up with a PRJ file and 8 SPN (?) can't remember files. Next, load the project into Spin IDE. If there's something inherently wrong with the patches the Spin IDE should show it.

One thing that perhaps people don't realize is that it's possible to make SpinCAD patches that have more than 128 instructions, which of course won't work on the FV-1. There's a bar that turns red when this happens but maybe people don't notice it or aren't sure what it means.
potul

Post by potul »

Don't convert the HEX to BIN. The programmer should be able to load the hex file directly.