Is any commercial manufacturer know wich uses the FV-1 ?

Hardware questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

Felix

Is any commercial manufacturer know wich uses the FV-1 ?

Post by Felix »

Hello,

did someone know a commercial company (like BOSS, BEHRINGER, ALESIS....) that uses in their devices the FV-1 chip ?
djmalan

Post by djmalan »

Alesis uses AL3201 ,Behringer uses V1000 .Not the same chip but can be used as the same or they are crossreference of each other.But needs DAC -ADC and LP filters. :D
differo

Post by differo »

I have one commercial pedal that is designed around Fv-1, but it seems to be a little bit of secret sins no one mentions that, might be some sort of company policy or something, but if someone approves that this is free to discuss I'll tell you one :)
djmalan

Post by djmalan »

This should nt be illegal. :D Say,please.
My copartner always erase the numbers on the chips ,too :lol:
differo

Post by differo »

Well the reason how I know about this chip is actually when I opened one pedal that I bought some time ago and found it in it. The reverb is just too good. Nothing comes even close to my ears anyway. I do own Super reverb amp which is (along with the twin) considered as the reference reverb. Well it's good but I like this one Much better. Don't know why but I do. The pedal is Holy Stain by EH and if some moderator doesn't think this is appropriate discussion please remove this post.
Personally, I don't think EH made the good usage of the FV-1 in this pedal. They included pitch, reverb and some fuzz(that I never use). They should have included chorus, flanger and tremolo as they along with the reverb are trully superb sounding. Well, to me at least :)
djmalan

Post by djmalan »

differo ,how is the pitch shift effect in the holy stain I just wonder if there is a time delay between the dry and pitch shifted signal.
differo

Post by differo »

I'm gonna check, right now I'm cooking dinner, I'll get back to you on this!
differo

Post by differo »

yes, pitch is delayed a little bit hard to estimate how much, probably the reason why I never use it. basically all the other effects sound the same besides that they have some sort of a panner between dry and wet signal which makes the reverb sooo good
jovesdies

Post by jovesdies »

Hi,
a little question :
is it legal to produce guitar pedal using only the internal ROM programs of th FV-1 ?
frank

Post by frank »

jovesdies wrote:Hi,
a little question :
is it legal to produce guitar pedal using only the internal ROM programs of th FV-1 ?
Yes it is. Ignore any statements in old datasheets that may indicate you shouldn't, those were really meant to warn people that the programs had not been fully tested (can't fully test the program until you have a chip, testing in verilog takes days to produce a minute of real time results).

So, you may use the internal programs to make product, you can sell this product for profit, you can spend this profit and have a happy life. You can also use any program posted on the Spin site (i.e. the "Free DSP Programs" or in Keith's knowledge base area) in commercial products. You can send me a bottle of single malt scotch (well, you can if you really want to).
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
donstavely

Post by donstavely »

Hey Frank.

You guys have posted a lot of source code for the FV-1 on the site. This is a huge help for getting people jumpstarted. This is especially true for reverb, which is quite complicated and a bit of a black art.

I know you have no problem with people selling the OCT modules with their associated EEPROM programs - that is what they are there for.

Is it possible for you to post the source for the guitar module in particular, or is it secret? The knowledge base describes how to do all of these functions, but I would love to see the parameters you chose for chorus and phaser, how you did auto-wah, and the efficient reverb you used on them all.

Thanks.
Don Stavely
frank

Post by frank »

donstavely wrote:Hey Frank.
Is it possible for you to post the source for the guitar module in particular, or is it secret? The knowledge base describes how to do all of these functions, but I would love to see the parameters you chose for chorus and phaser, how you did auto-wah, and the efficient reverb you used on them all.
At this time we still consider the module code a trade secret. It is not to keep it from the DIY community as it is there are other module makers out there and the code sets for the OCT modules give us an advantage over them, if I posted the code they would just lift it and use it in their modules (and I've got to keep the lights on here to support everyone).
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize