All hardware needed to get the chip to work?

Hardware questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

Matthew

All hardware needed to get the chip to work?

Post by Matthew »

I understand I would need the FV1 chip, EEPROM chip and a PCB to put it all on, but what would I need to hook up the EEPROM to my computer, write code to it, etc?

Any links to the cheapest things too would be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot :D
finkster

Post by finkster »

PicKit 2 is what I use. They are $29.99 and can be bought through almost any electronics supplier or direct from microchip.com.
frank

Post by frank »

Any programmer that can program a 24LC32A and read an Intel HEX file format.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Thanks guys

finkster wrote:PicKit 2 is what I use. They are $29.99 and can be bought through almost any electronics supplier or direct from microchip.com.
Any chance you could point me towards the $29.99 one? I'm finding a lot of different kits that have various odds and ends and I'm not totally sure what I actually need. Thank you!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Ugh, sorry to bring up this topic again, but I'm really not 100% sure what all I need for this :( I found a lot of stuff on ebay, but it is pretty missleading.
frank

Post by frank »

Well, the info is above. A programmer that can program a 24LC32A from an Intel hex format file. There are a lot out there, you just need to choose one. If you plan to program other devices later (PIC, 8051 family, etc.) get one that programs those as well.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize