Programming the 24LC32A on R02 PCB

Hardware questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

JBF

Programming the 24LC32A on R02 PCB

Post by JBF »

Hi Frank,

I am planning an application based on the R02 PCB where I would occasionally need to store my own program code in the 24LC32A.

Programming a 24LC32A part is no problem and I noted the R02 board has a 2-pin header marked C/D connected to SCL/SDA..

The question:
I'm not quite sure how to disable the FV-1 taking control of SCL/SDA during my programming of the 24LC32A.

Looking over the schematic of the DEV board; on that application, that aspect is controlled with the T0 pin of the FV-1 via the CY7C6801 part. I assume it takes T0 low so to execute code from the internal ROM --- does that then allow the FV-1 to release control of SCL/SDA?

Thanks much in advance.

-JB.
frank

Post by frank »

First, the disclaimer: We do not support programming any of the OCT Distribution module boards, doing so is at your own risk, etc....

OK, so now that is out of the way, the C and D mean clock and data as you determined. Do not use a pull up on either pin, not needed in this case. To program on board, supply power (5-12 volts like the datasheet says), set the program select pins to a static value (I use program 0 but it doesn't matter) wait a few seconds to make sure the program has loaded (if running audio through the part just listen for it) then program the EEPROM through C and D.

You do not need to disable the FV-1 when programming the EEPROM because the FV-1 only reads from the EEPROM when a program is changed (reason to set S0 - S2 to a static value) so once the program is read in to the FV-1 the clock and data lines are static until the next program change. During this time you can program the EEPROM in circuit, the FV-1 will ignore any transitions on the clock or data lines.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
JBF

Post by JBF »

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the clarification, and understood about the disclaimer.

I should have read through all the hardware postings as it already has been discussed and clearly answered. Thanks for your patience.

-JB.