Moderator: frank

Roxas

modulation over knob

Post by Roxas »

Hi everyone
I'm new of the forum
I'm from Italy so sorry for my bad english, I'll try to explain
I'd like to use the FV1 as a super-simple delay:
the signal enter inside the chip, and in the output there's just the same signal delayed. So not like a classic delay effect: here I don't need repeats, dry signal, and so on. I just need to "delay" my signal :D
nothing difficult until here.
Now I was wondering..is there the possibility to apply on the knob that control the delay time an analog oscillator (yes I know that via software would be easier), to let the delay time "modulate"? or the fact that there's a lag over the controls won't let me do that?

many thanks
cheers
frank

Post by frank »

Welcome to the forum!

You could use an analog oscillator and as long as it is a low frequency it will probably work fine. Give it a try and if there are problems let us know and we will try to help.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
Roxas

Post by Roxas »

many thanks
I don't have my hardware ready yet, so this is just a theorical question. Won't the lag on the control cause some problems? (for example the first ms of the delay won't be modulated)
frank

Post by frank »

If I understand what you are trying to do, then no, it shouldn't be a problem. The lag will just be a delay in the system so the modulation should still happen across what ever range you set. The lag, as a result of the internal filtering/hysteresis, will also limit the bandwidth or speed of the signal you can put in the pot input.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize