Stereo Separation

Hardware questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

seancostello

Stereo Separation

Post by seancostello »

Hi all:

I have a design in mind that would have separate processing for left and right channels. What is the dB value for crosstalk between channels?

Thanks,

Sean Costello
frank

Post by frank »

Good question, I'll need to ask Keith and it may be a while before I get an answer as he is traveling at this time.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
frank

Post by frank »

Got hold of him and while this is not a measured spec he feels channel separation should be really good, on the order of -120db. Very little is shared between the two channels (mid pin is but is well buffered at the adc) so there shouldn't be any real issue.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
seancostello

Post by seancostello »

Excellent! I want to try a true dual-channel algorithm, with stomp switches for each of the channels.

Sean Costello
Aion

Post by Aion »

I have already done that: the right channel of the FV-1 is used to produce guitar effects (chorus, flanger, phaser, delay) and the left channel cares for reverb only. Works imho pretty well.
access7777

Post by access7777 »

Aion wrote:I have already done that: the right channel of the FV-1 is used to produce guitar effects (chorus, flanger, phaser, delay) and the left channel cares for reverb only. Works imho pretty well.
Hello!
I'm working with the same device.
Do you mix dry/wet signal in the DSP? If not - how do you program it? Could you share the program?