FV-1 as a pedal effect

Hardware questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

Jerem

FV-1 as a pedal effect

Post by Jerem »

Hi everybody. I built the fv-1 as a pedal effect with this schematic :

When I switch the bypass I have any sound, so I want to know if I need to put an AOP on my circuit?
frank

Post by frank »

Where did you get that schematic from? I do not see a bypass switch in the schematic.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
Jerem

Post by Jerem »

I get it from tonepad. The bypass switch is use to switch on the power
frank

Post by frank »

Switching off power will not bypass the circuit, you need to try a different bypass method. Switching off power on this circuit will turn off the output so you will get nothing out.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
Jerem

Post by Jerem »

Thank for your answer. I tried without the bypass switch (9v directly in the circuit) and another time I have any sound on the output.
As I have to do this little circuit to have some sound?

frank

Post by frank »

1. Does the original circuit work? Just the original circuit from tonepad, no modifications.

2. The second circuit you are showing is a circuit to mix the dry and wet but this circuit is not necessary as the first circuit you show has a wet/dry mix already.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
Jerem

Post by Jerem »

No the first circuit not working, any sound in the output. I tried with a modular synth and a guitar but it's the same :cry:
frank

Post by frank »

If the original circuit is not working then you need to have tonepad help you to get that working. Once the original circuit is working correctly you can then start to add a bypass circuit.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
pcsontos

Post by pcsontos »

Hello Jerem,

Is the clip's led always on? Maybe the crystal oscillator is not working, The tonepad design is not containing the capacitor from the FV-1 design note:

"Depending on the supplier of the crystal there can be a startup problem with the crystal,
it is recommended that all designs include a 15pf capacitor between X2 and ground."

I had a similar issue with my pedal, and putting there a capacitor between X2 and ground solved it.

Hope it helps
Pete