Bit Crusher Effect

Software questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

ZibiSound

Bit Crusher Effect

Post by ZibiSound »

Hi Guys.
At the beginning I want to say sorry for my english, I'm Polish ;)
---

I have a problem with bit crusher effect. I've looked everywere, but I can't find a finished version of it. So I want to please You, could anyone send me code of this effect for FV-1 ?

Thanks a lot.
frank

Post by frank »

Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
ZibiSound

Post by ZibiSound »

Hi.
Thanks for this. I have programmed my FV-1 with 8 diffrent versions of this effect (diffrent ratio) and this effect is really good for me.

But there is one thing I want to do - how could I make, for example, POT1 to set ratio ? I want to do regulation of this effect (most linearly as possible). Could You do this for me ?

Thanks again.
frank

Post by frank »

I do not have the time to write the code but if you try and have problems then post it and I'll look at it. You'll want to use the POT input to do skips in the code to select different mask values. See http://www.spinsemi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=343 where skipping based on pot value was done.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
ZibiSound

Post by ZibiSound »

There is little problem - I don't know how to do this... I can't write effects :(

Could You do this for me when You'll have some time ? Please.
Sweetalk

Post by Sweetalk »

sebxx4 wrote:There is little problem - I don't know how to do this... I can't write effects :(

Could You do this for me when You'll have some time ? Please.
So start reading the knowledge base and try to learn first!
ZibiSound

Post by ZibiSound »

You were doing this effect. Have You done it ? May could You upload your version of this effect ?