Audio modulation to control generator sin/square/triangle

Algorithm development and general DSP issues

Moderator: frank

Dr.Diodac

Audio modulation to control generator sin/square/triangle

Post by Dr.Diodac »

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum :)

I'm thinking of building a audio modulator to control the internal generator. The idea is to FV-1 created a sound sin / square and a triangle in proportion to the frequency and amplitude audio input.

Can you help me with the code? I'm still learning FV-1 and I'm not in a position to write this code. I will be very grateful.

I need three codes separately for sin / square and a triangle.

Best regards to all lovers of the VF-1. The UC is more than great!
sbcssbcs

Post by sbcssbcs »

Do you mean frequency tracking? I.e., an audio input is being analyzed and a generator programmed in the FV-1 will have the same frequency like the input?
Dr.Diodac

Post by Dr.Diodac »

So that was good. I wonder how this is possible using the FV-1
audio signal to control the generator. I tested different solutions with AVR and PIC controller, but I didn't get a satisfactory result.
Digital Larry

Post by Digital Larry »

While I'm not the expert on FV-1 programming, I have looked really hard at all of the available code samples on this site and I have not seen anything like this at all. I won't say it's impossible though. If you do succeed you might be the pioneer in such an application.

I do recall one person said they had developed a fuzz type effect, which had the small problem that it didn't stop oscillating when the input signal went away.
sbcssbcs

Post by sbcssbcs »

You might be better off working with some 'pitch to midi' or 'pitch to cv' project since the FV-1 is designed to be an effects unit.

I remember this project:
http://www.electronics.dit.ie/staff/tsc ... o_midi.htm
Don't know if it's usable, though.

Also, I think the Korg MS-20 has some kind of pitch tracker that lets you control its oscillators using an external audio signal? Perhaps you can find the schematics and find a solution that doesn't even require programming.