I submitted a bug at the Wine bug tracker (Spin IDE - Linux)

Software questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

Digital Larry

I submitted a bug at the Wine bug tracker (Spin IDE - Linux)

Post by Digital Larry »

Since I'm doing most of my work these days on Linux I'd sure like it if the Spin IDE ran under Linux using the Wine, errr... "extension" or whatever the proper word for it is. Doesn't look like anyone else ever submitted a bug against Spin IDE, so I did.

You can open the Spin IDE but as soon as you try to assemble some code, it crashes.

It's marked "P2 normal" as it only affects this one application, so I'm not sure if they will ever get around to fixing it, but who knows.
Digital Larry

Post by Digital Larry »

Hmmm maybe we have some action on this - I got some notifications that at least someone on their side is trying to reproduce the issue. Must be a slow day! :o
slacker

Post by slacker »

Cool it would be nice to get it working. I tried it a few years ago and it didn't appear to crash but it wouldn't compile anything, it just produced spurious errors. It was as though the assembler wasn't reading the file properly.
In the end I gave up trying a just bought a cheap version of Windows XP and put it on a virtual machine.
slacker

Post by slacker »

I just gave it a try and I can replicate the error, pressing Assemble crashes it giving a program error warning.
If you try and build a project though it doesn't crash and attempts to assemble the code but still gives the same spurious errors as it used to, so unfortunately solving the crash problem might not get us very far.
Digital Larry

Post by Digital Larry »

Well if they fix one bug, maybe they can fix another one! Thanks for the clarification though.

DL
frank

Post by frank »

Failing on using the "A" assemble button may be due to the s/w checking for the dev board. I've tried installing the dev board in the past under wine following http://wiki.winehq.org/USB to install the drivers but have not been able to get SpinAsm to see the board.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize