Initial Upload to Dev Board Issue

Software questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

mjmostachetti

Initial Upload to Dev Board Issue

Post by mjmostachetti »

Hey there,

This is my first time using the dev board. After reading the instructions, it seems like it should be an easy plug and play, but I'm having issues outputting sound.

Here's what I've done:

I'm trying to test out the preset rom_dev1.spn. I open this file into the IDE. I press "assemble" w/ the dev board status on "ready". I receive two errors - 1)access is denied to this file on my computer and 2)error saving this file. Nevertheless, the assembly runs its course and the program stats' last line reads "EEPROM Write Succeeded and Verified".

My setup:

I've plugging my stereo out from my iphone into the RCA inputs and I have a rca stereo output into my external speaker setup. From what I've read, I should only be hearing the wet reverb effect, but no sound is coming out of my speakers. All pots are in the middle position and the int/ext switch is on ext. The 8-position toggle is also set to the "0" position. The Dev Board is powered via USB.

Can anyone see any errors in my setup? Any help is appreciated!
frank

Post by frank »

Couple of things to check on the errors:
1. Check that the directories SpinAsm is using are writable by you, they should be set to someplace in your user directory (i.e. C:\users\bob\documents\spinasm_stuff).
2. Check the files you are loading are writable by you and that they are not open in any other programs.

For no sound, are you using amplified speakers?
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
mjmostachetti

Fixed!

Post by mjmostachetti »

Hey Frank,

Thanks for the insights!
For some reason the permissions were all screwy, which I've never encountered before, but I changed the files to read/write. This fixed both problems.

The no output issue was resolved when I plugged into my mixer, rather than straight into my logitech speackers - which I believe are amplified.

Either way, thanks for the help!

Best,
Mike