Default programs in dev board EEPROM?

Algorithm development and general DSP issues

Moderator: frank

greenstomp

Default programs in dev board EEPROM?

Post by greenstomp »

I just bought a new dev board and to my surprise all the 8 programs are already pre-loaded with different algorithms. Before overwriting them with my own programs I'd like to know which programs they actually are. I am guessing that they all come from the free available programs on this site, but I would like to know which is which.

Thanks
Green
frank

Re: Default programs in dev board EEPROM?

Post by frank »

Unfortunately we are not sure which ones they are. Keith made a change to the programs just before he died and did not document which they are, the assembly house just has the hex file they write to the boards.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
greenstomp

Post by greenstomp »

Thank you Frank.

That’s sad. I didn’t know that.

In order to keep them somewhere and try them out, I am not sure if it is possible to get the hex files out using the dev board and any software. Is there a way to do that? I am guessing that decompiling the hex file into usable spin code is even harder or impossible... but I am not sure of that either.

Green
frank

Post by frank »

I do not think the SpinAsm s/w saves the EEPROM code anywhere so you would need something like a PicKit2 that can read and store store the file.

Disassembly is always possible but there are no .equ statements in the assembled code so you can see reg0 was used in an instruction but you can't necessarily tell what it is used for (hp filter? lp filter? etc.) so you would have to draw out the disassembled code to determine what it is doing.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize