IC EEPROM

Hardware questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

Hamid Reza Shaabani

IC EEPROM

Post by Hamid Reza Shaabani »

Hello and thanks for the reply to .................................
I have a few questions:

1. Is your home (FV-1) is already 8 to program it according to what I asked PDF file?

2-for when we want more apps into the IC EEPROM programming how is that information in more than 16 states to call it this because I asked because three key S1, S2, S3 and S4 to call the program from IC, EEPROM Hstkh there are a total of 16 modes FV -1?
PhilHaw

Re: IC EEPROM

Post by PhilHaw »

Hamid Reza Shaabani wrote:Hello and thanks for the reply to .................................
I have a few questions:

1. Is your home (FV-1) is already 8 to program it according to what I asked PDF file?

2-for when we want more apps into the IC EEPROM programming how is that information in more than 16 states to call it this because I asked because three key S1, S2, S3 and S4 to call the program from IC, EEPROM Hstkh there are a total of 16 modes FV -1?
1. I don't understand what you're asking!

2. The FV1 can only access 8 programs but you can have a second EEPROM with another 8 programs. The EEPROM I2C address is assumed to be 0. You can use an inverter to drive the A0 address lines in opposite logic states to select one of the EEPROMS at a time.
ice-nine

Post by ice-nine »

1. The FV-1 has 8 programs which are hard coded into the chip itself.
2. You can also use multiple external EEproms for many programs as long as you have designed a way to select the i2C address lines of the EEproms.
MacroMachines

Post by MacroMachines »

I guess this partially answers my post as well, Is there any more information on how to go about using multiple eprom slots? I would love to have a bank of maybe 4 sockets that users could fill from a selection of different eeproms and select.
http://MacroMachines.net
Digital Control for your Analog Soul.
frank

Post by frank »

Basically you need a micro (i.e. a PIC) that sits between the FV-1, EEPROMs and switches for selecting programs. When the user selects a program the micro enables the appropriate one by bringing the A0 for that EEPROM low (holds others high) then forcing the FV-1 to load the new program by manipulating the S0/S1/S2 pins.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
Hamid Reza Shaabani

Post by Hamid Reza Shaabani »

Do you mean this circuit?

http://www.muzique.com/misc/24lc32.gif
ice-nine

Post by ice-nine »

Hamid Reza Shaabani wrote:Do you mean this circuit?

http://www.muzique.com/misc/24lc32.gif
That works.
kypo

EEPROM

Post by kypo »

How much eeproms (24LC32) I can connect parallel to FV1 (with address selecting)
By the way the device works great from first connection.
ice-nine

Re: EEPROM

Post by ice-nine »

kypo wrote:How much eeproms (24LC32) I can connect parallel to FV1 (with address selecting)
By the way the device works great from first connection.
The first page of the EEPROM datasheet tells you 8 devices. This can also be confirmed by looking at how many address selection pins there are. A0-A1-A2, 3 address lines will give a maximum of 8 combinations.

It would be possible to use more EEPROMS, with some multiplexing you could use multiple banks of 8 EEPROMS but if you need that many effects it would be easier to use a micro controller with built in EEPROM memory rather than the 24lc32a ic's for program storage.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk
"It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it press start, you can work out the rest of the controls yourself."
kypo

Post by kypo »

EEPROM datasheet tells in terms of EEPROM not FV1. In datasheet FV1 is nothing about it. I am afraid that can damage FV1.
Can't use all three address bits for selecting eproms because FV1 addressing external address 000. Only one bit of address can be used for selection, which will be tight to Vcc connecting this to ground select one chip, other two are grounded.
All address and clock lines are connected parallel. But I don't know how much this can be connected together so that the lines FV1 are not overloaded. If someone know this let me know.(Excuse me for my english.)
ice-nine

Post by ice-nine »

kypo wrote:EEPROM datasheet tells in terms of EEPROM not FV1. In datasheet FV1 is nothing about it. I am afraid that can damage FV1.
Can't use all three address bits for selecting eproms because FV1 addressing external address 000. Only one bit of address can be used for selection, which will be tight to Vcc connecting this to ground select one chip, other two are grounded.
All address and clock lines are connected parallel. But I don't know how much this can be connected together so that the lines FV1 are not overloaded. If someone know this let me know.(Excuse me for my english.)
The EEPROM address selection I2C lines have nothing to do withe the FV-1., so the answer should still be 8. I don't know if the SDA/SCK all being in parrallel with the FV-1 will affect it in any way, Frank would be able best to answer that bit.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk
"It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it press start, you can work out the rest of the controls yourself."
frank

Post by frank »

We have never tried this so we do not know the answer. Check the current draw on the EEPROM you are using against the max you can draw from a pin on the FV-1. Make sure the total doesn't exceed any FV-1 parameters and it should be OK.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize