Where can i find the Spin Open Reverb License ?

Software questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

gbiz

Where can i find the Spin Open Reverb License ?

Post by gbiz »

The free DSP programs page mentions the "Spin Semiconductor Open Reverb License". But i can't find any link to it. Even google can't find it.

I've developed a eurorack FV-1 module that i'll be making available for DIY in the coming weeks. As this is DIY, it'll be up to the builder to create their own binaries for upload to it. But to allow people to easily test their build i'd like to offer some kind of binary that people could upload initially to the EEPROM.

I don't want to violate any licensing restrictions, so I'd like to know if the license allows distribution of binaries built from the source on the free programs page (or if it does do i have to include the source etc). Hence the question ;)

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum to ask this.
frank

Post by frank »

Hmmm, the link must have been removed at some point. Will need to see if I have a copy here to post.

In any case it is simple and applies to any code Spin has posted on the site or on the forum, if you are printing a manual for a commercial product just list the original program name, who wrote it and where you got it. If you modify it just say which program it is based on, who wrote the original and where you got it. If a DIY type item or just selling kits/PCBs without a printed guide you can put the info on the web page for the project. You can post assembled binaries, the source code, etc.

It really comes down to give credit for the code and let your users know where they can get the original if they want to learn from it.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
gbiz

Post by gbiz »

Many thanks for the reply Frank. That makes things simpler. I can provide a zipfile with an example binary for people to use. I'll include the source & a README stating where to get the originals of the source, the authors of the algorithms etc.

The module has an OLED display to provide basic details of the current algorithm, which relies on accompanying text to describe each algorithm in the bank, so i can provide this text in the same zipfile. Having it all in once place will make peoples life easier when they're setting up a freshly built module.

It'll have a user & build guide. I'll include a bunch of links to various resources on the Spin web site, this forum etc. in the appendix.

In a bit I'll post up a new topic over on the hardware forum here with a link to it's topic on Muffwiggler, incase anyone from here is interested in it.
MacroMachines

Post by MacroMachines »

gbiz wrote:Many thanks for the reply Frank. That makes things simpler. I can provide a zipfile with an example binary for people to use. I'll include the source & a README stating where to get the originals of the source, the authors of the algorithms etc.

The module has an OLED display to provide basic details of the current algorithm, which relies on accompanying text to describe each algorithm in the bank, so i can provide this text in the same zipfile. Having it all in once place will make peoples life easier when they're setting up a freshly built module.

It'll have a user & build guide. I'll include a bunch of links to various resources on the Spin web site, this forum etc. in the appendix.

In a bit I'll post up a new topic over on the hardware forum here with a link to it's topic on Muffwiggler, incase anyone from here is interested in it.
I am interested, and almost finished developing something similar :P though it uses entirely self designed code, storage and recall, and additional processing on the main micro controller, Ill be finishing it up and releasing after the Omnimod comes out.

Where can I find more info? Id love to know what OLED you are using and such, as screens are a big part of my design process.

Cheers!
http://MacroMachines.net
Digital Control for your Analog Soul.
gbiz

Post by gbiz »