Spin Semiconductor Forum Index Spin Semiconductor
Support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Controlling an LED from the FV1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spin Semiconductor Forum Index -> FV-1 hardware questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Controlling an LED from the FV1 Reply with quote

I'd like to have an LED turn on and off depending on whether certain conditions are met within my programs.

My first idea is to use the clip LED. If my program is mono (let's say left), I can drive the right output very hard whenever the desired conditions are met, thus causing the clip LED to light. The problem is that the LED will also light up if any actual clipping occurs with the signal itself...

Has anyone tried feeding one of the FV1's LFO's to an external transistor? Seems like I could set the LFO for a very high speed to turn on the LED, and simply mute it when I want to LED to turn off. If that's possible, I could also use it to show the speed of a modulation effect.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!
Digital Larry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I haven't done it I don't see why it wouldn't work. Main thing to keep in mind is that "0" in software would be VDD/2. So whatever range you wanted to represent would need to be scaled appropriately.
ice-nine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Slackers tap tempo program the right output is used to control an LED for the tempo rate, have a look at that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spin Semiconductor Forum Index -> FV-1 hardware questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: