hi
i want hex of m24-16
please send to me
hesco202@gmail.com
thanks
Merlyn

Post by Merlyn »

Hi,

I tried to generate a HEX file from the FV1_V1.asm file available from the site using the MIDE-51 package but it says the file has 4 errors.
Is a ready to go HEX file available for this project or it's just a dead end not working project?
Thanks.

upload a photo on internet
frank

Post by frank »

There are many variants of the 8051, you need to make sure you are using and the assembler is set to assemble for the right one. The comment in line 2 states it must be an 8K variant with ctr2 (counter 2). It appears you did not tell the assembler to assemble for the proper one as the symbols it is complaining about are for ctr2 control.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
Merlyn

Post by Merlyn »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. After some deliberations in another forum and considering programming issues it looked like the AT89S8253 should be OK but honestly I'm not into coding at all so some "mechanical" advice how to alter it would be greatly appreciated.
frank

Post by frank »

It really comes down to a few things, using the right 8051 type part and making sure the assembler will assemble properly for it.

As to the 8051 type part, that may be a challenge since Phillips no longer mares the one from the example schematic. So you need to find one that has the same memory space and has counter 2 and has the same pinout. There actually should be a number of different ones that meet these specs and it seems you found one.

The assembler may take a little to get working. The "$MOD52" line is causing the assembler to call out the 8052 version of the part, not really a big deal but the names of registers or pins may not agree with newer assemblers so I would comment out the $MOD52 line and enter what ever is required by your assembler (may be an assembly option and not even a line in the code) to use the 8052 set with counter2. Finally it may use a different name for some registers, if it does simply change them, it is usually obvious from the errors and you just need to determine the correct register name which is generally in the datasheet for the part or the assembler docs.

The assembler Keith used is as far as I know is no longer available, it was called AMS51 from MetaLink their site is http://www.metaice.com/ but it has not been updated in a long time and lists no products.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize