SpinASM Output Window not appearing [FIXED]

Software questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

knutolai

SpinASM Output Window not appearing [FIXED]

Post by knutolai »

Hi

I've been running SpinASM on a windows 10 computer for a few months and today the Output Windows has stopped appearing after I build projects (Project dialog). I've looked everywhere, but I can't figure out how to enable the Output Window. I've tried reinstalling SpinASM without any luck. Have never had trouble with the software earlier.

It's impossible to write programs without the Output Window as I have no way of knowing if my projects are working or not. I'd very much appreciate some help on this issue.

Thank you

EDIT:
If you go to "Setup directories for all file types" you can click "Reset All". This resets the different directories, but for some reason this also brings back the Output Window. Why there isn't a dedicated settings area in this editor is beyond me. Apparently it's possible to disable the Output Window (why?), but there's no mention of how this is done, or how to bring it back in the SpinASM manual. I've been at this for hours and it really crashed the assembly programming course I was hosting. :evil:
frank

Post by frank »

Most likely the output window was moved off screen as there is no way to disable it. The position is stored in the registry and resetting the directories also resets the values in the registry. You could use regedit if it happens again and edit the values in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Spin Semiconductor\SpinAsm\Output Dialog or delete them and SpinAsm will recreate them
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize