New to forum, and two questions

Hardware questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

mportnoy

New to forum, and two questions

Post by mportnoy »

Hello, I'm new to the forum.

My background is in consumer electronic product development. I've done mostly analog and mixed signal (delta sigma stuff). Not much experience with DSP yet. This seems like a great place to get my feet wet.

I have two questions, they're probably dumb. I've searched the forums but couldn't locate answers.

One, is there a grey table/binary truth table for the onboard effects? Like which settings for S0, S1, and S2 give which programs?

Two...what to do with S0, S1, and S2 pins when running FV-1 from an external EEPROM?

Thanks in advance.
frotaitalos

Re: New to forum, and two questions

Post by frotaitalos »

Hi Guy, welcome to the forum

The table of the respective binaries for the internal effects you find in the datasheet of the FV-1, and using an external EEPROM you will use the pins S0, S1 and S2 to select the programs of the external EEPROM, remembering that to access an external EEPROM the pin T0 must be high.
mportnoy

Post by mportnoy »

frotaitalos wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:51 pm The table of the respective binaries for the internal effects you find in the datasheet of the FV-1, and using an external EEPROM you will use the pins S0, S1 and S2 to select the programs of the external EEPROM, remembering that to access an external EEPROM the pin T0 must be high.
Thanks for the reply.

I understand what you're referring to. If I want to use the external EEPROM, pin T0 must be pulled high. And I see there is a table of internal effects listed on page 4 of the datasheet. These are labelled 1-8.

However I must be missing something.

I can't find an actual truth table in the datasheet--for example, if I want to access program 1 for example, which of the pins S0-S2 are pulled high and which pins are pulled low?

If I want to access external programs from the EEPROM, which of the S0-S2 pins are pulled high or low?

There should be a truth table somewhere in the documentation. What am I missing?

Matt
igorp

Post by igorp »

s0 = lowest bit

so , patch #1 = s0=1, s1=0, s2=0
mportnoy

Post by mportnoy »

Thanks for the reply.

Patch #1, or do you mean Patch #0 based on Table 1, p14?

So patch number is hex to binary. Not sure how I missed that...

S0 S1 S2 PRG #
0 0 0 = 0
0 0 1 = 1
0 1 0 = 2
0 1 1 = 3
1 0 0 = 4
1 0 1 = 5
0 1 1 = 6
1 1 1 = 7

Chart doesn't format correctly but you get the idea.

Matt
igorp

Post by igorp »

yes, usual binary code.