FV-1 out of stock

Hardware questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

amz-fx

FV-1 out of stock

Post by amz-fx »

The FV-1 is out of stock at all my usual sources.

Is the FV-1 still in production?

If so, when will Small Bear and the other parts suppliers get new stock?

Thanks!

best regards,
ice-nine

Re: FV-1 out of stock

Post by ice-nine »

Hi Jack, My supplier still has them in stock and listed as present, so that would mean they still are in production but they only have a handful in stock which is unusual.
I'm a little concerned though as when I have just checked, and my UK supplier has once again raised the price. The price has doubled in the last 2 years in the UK. Costs go up I know but...
www.stanleyfx.co.uk
"It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it press start, you can work out the rest of the controls yourself."
frank

Post by frank »

There was a production issue at a sub-contractor, it has been resolved but it went on longer than the buffer stock we keep for such things. So production is going but there is a gap in the pipeline that will take some weeks to fill.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
zandercircuitry

Post by zandercircuitry »

frank wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:21 am There was a production issue at a sub-contractor, it has been resolved but it went on longer than the buffer stock we keep for such things. So production is going but there is a gap in the pipeline that will take some weeks to fill.
Just came here to say this, I message profusion yesterday and they're expecting normal stock levels to be back up by October.
amz-fx

Post by amz-fx »

Thanks, Frank!
ice-nine

Post by ice-nine »

zandercircuitry wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:19 am
frank wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:21 am There was a production issue at a sub-contractor, it has been resolved but it went on longer than the buffer stock we keep for such things. So production is going but there is a gap in the pipeline that will take some weeks to fill.
Just came here to say this, I message profusion yesterday and they're expecting normal stock levels to be back up by October.
Ohh, that is not good news. October is awhile away. :( Oh well, it is what it is.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk
"It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it press start, you can work out the rest of the controls yourself."
nacho_conso

Post by nacho_conso »

Hi frank, so experimentalnoize expects the same lag? I've been sending mails this days with no response :?
Thedeadrat6669

Post by Thedeadrat6669 »

Hello, if anyone's still out there....

It's now almost December 2019 and I'm finding everywhere still out of stock of the ICs. Has anyone had any updated information as to what's going on exactly? Are they just selling out as soon as they come; n due to the shortage that spanned a bit of time this year, or have they even been coming out of production yet/still? Sorry, I just registered looking for some info on this topic. So if I've totally.kissed some craziness and this place is like Dawn of the Dead empty, that'd blow...

Thanks for any information pertaining to the question.
forum_admin
Site Admin

Post by forum_admin »

Production is going, we have cleared out most of the backlog. I believe Europe has also cleared out most of theirs, not sure about Asia.

I checked and assuming you used the same email address to register here I do not see any emails to sales from you to Experimental Noize. If you are in Europe or Asia please check with the distributors there.

BTW the datecode on the new parts is WWYY instead of YYWW so if you get parts marked like 4219 they are legit. Logo is slightly bigger on the new packages as well.
Thedeadrat6669

Post by Thedeadrat6669 »

Ah ok. Hey man I appreciate the quick reply to my question. Im fairly new to all of this and even then self-taught. I checked probably half a dozen of the names I see pop up constantly for any components online. That's one I'd actually never heard of before. Which is honestly pretty kick ass because I'm heading over there now. This will be my first experience with this IC after months of reading about it and I've been anxious to check it out. And a new potential supplier is always welcome and exciting information so many, many thanks, brother.
mlennox

Post by mlennox »

sorry to revive a moribund thread, but there seems to be a large shortage of FV-1 chips. Now that the FXCore is in production (almost?) will the FV-1 be obsolete? Is it 'safe' for me to base designs on this chip anymore?
frank

Post by frank »

mlennox wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:45 pm sorry to revive a moribund thread, but there seems to be a large shortage of FV-1 chips. Now that the FXCore is in production (almost?) will the FV-1 be obsolete? Is it 'safe' for me to base designs on this chip anymore?
Well, there is a global pandemic and a global semiconductor shortage so lead times have gone out. Customers that have provided forecasts and scheduled POs are getting chips without any issues.

FV-1 will remain in production, FXCore is not a Spin chip.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
mlennox

Post by mlennox »

Thanks @frank

Of course the pandemic and chip shortage is having an effect, thanks for the reassurance :)

> FV-1 will remain in production, FXCore is not a Spin chip.

my apologies, lack of sleep, general confusion, old age :D
maxmoote

Post by maxmoote »

Does anyone know if there is currently anywhere in the world I can source some of these chips? I can't seem to find any in stock anywhere.
ZibiSound

Post by ZibiSound »

I recently bought one on aliexpress, but the price was 2-3x higher than normal (about 30USD). But remember to search offers with a lot of positive ratings to avoid a fake.