Opcode Names

Software questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

elmood

Opcode Names

Post by elmood »

I'm working on a different sort of compiler for the FV-1 since I want something different and want to integrate it with my own EEPROM programmer. (it will be open-source too)

In my effort to un-assembler the syntax, I want to use longer names for the instructions. But I'm not sure what all the short opcode names stand for. Some are obvious, but others, although I know what they do, don't make any sense to me.

If anyone could supply a list of the opcodes and what they are abbreviations or acronyms for, that would be extremely useful!

Thanks!
frank

Post by frank »

If you post the ones that don't make sense to you, I'll do my best to explain them.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize
elmood

Post by elmood »

Hi Frank,

Thanks! Here are the ones that I'd like a bit more clarification as to what the opcodes mean:

RDFX
WRLX
WRHX

Also, do you have a formula for how to calculate the speed of the ramp generator? The AN-001 talks about how to set the speed of the sin LFO, but can't find anything on how to do the same for the ram LFO. Something that generates the desired speed in Hz to the correct setting would be helpful!

Thanks!
frank

Post by frank »

RDFX:
RD : Read
F : Filter (low pass in this case)
X : Uses a register for the read

WRLX:
WR : Write
L : Low shelf
X : Uses a register for the write

WRHX:
WR : Write
H : High shelf
X : Uses a register for the write

For the coefficient to set the ramp speed, I'll have to try to get some time to derive that. All my calculations were with respect to calculating the resulting pitch shift, not the actual ramp speed.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize