FV-1 memory read I2C protocol operation mode

Hardware questions and issues with the FV-1

Moderator: frank

Y2017

FV-1 memory read I2C protocol operation mode

Post by Y2017 »

Hello! I want to use a circuit with electronic potentiometers. I plan to control the potentiometers using a chip STM32F0 series. I would also like to save the current potentiometer settings to external memory. Will it be possible to use the same memory chip for storing settings as for storing programs? The attachment contains a prototype of the circuit. The pins of the microcontroller are randomly selected, for example only
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M0fEfv ... sp=sharing
smear

Re: FV-1 memory read I2C protocol operation mode

Post by smear »

how are you planning to store the programs?
Y2017

Post by Y2017 »

MCP4011 is a simple and inexpensive chip. But he has no memory to save the settings. I am planning to use them together with a microcontroller and rotary encoder. The encoder must be with a button. Each time the button is pressed, the transition to the control of the next potentiometers occurs. So - in a circle. When moving on to the next one, the settings of all three should be written into memory. I plan to choose memory for 64kbit. I read on the forum that this is possible. And write the current settings of the potentiometers to free cells in the higher addresses.
In addition to the potentiometer settings, the current program must be saved. A long press of the button can switch the device to the program selection mode, a second long press - again to the potentiometer control mode. Each program must have its own settings stored in memory. When turning on the device, the current program and its settings should be selected from memory. Of course, the initial settings for the first start-up must be programmed into memory. For example, program 1 from internal memory and average positions of all potentiometers. Thereafter, every change to the settings must be recorded.
I have not thought about the indication of modes yet. It can be an LED digital module or a small display.
Y2017

Post by Y2017 »

upd - My question is -
I want to know when and how long the FV-1 chip holds the I2C bus.